Food Restrictions and Regulations:
* Government Permits: Vendors must comply with all government rules and regulations, including health and food safety regulations. Vendors are responsible for obtaining all permits and licenses and will not be allowed to participate if any required licenses or permits have not been obtained. Refunds will not be made if Vendor is not allowed to set up or operate their booth due to a lack of permits or licenses. Wilkes County Health Department: 706-678-2622 · City of Washington Business Licenses: 706-678-3277
* WHAT PRODUCTS CAN BE SOLD: Breads, Cakes, Cookies, Jams, Jellies, Honey, Pies, and Fresh Produce (if produce is “organic” an Organic Certificate must be available).
* WHAT PRODUCTS CAN NOT BE SOLD: Uncooked Meat Products, Eggs, Dairy Products, and Organic Products without an Organic Certificate. Low acid/acidified foods such as Canned Vegetables, Pickles, Salsa, etc. are not allowed unless the processor is licensed and has completed the Better Process Control School.
* The Washington-Wilkes Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to make the final decision on acceptability of an applicant.
* Cancellation and Refunds: NO REFUNDS will be given once you have been accepted as a vendor.
* Vendors are required to supply their own trash bags, keep your space clean and dispose of ALL trash in dumpster’s onsite.
* Non-profits, organizations, religious groups, individuals, and candidates for State, Federal and Local political offices can have literature available inside their booth space, but may not hand it out away from their booth space.
* Vendors unable to attend may not allow another vendor to take their space.
* Vendors are not allowed to change booth locations. Placement is at the sole discretion of the festival committee.
* Signage in your booth space must be restricted to the space size rented and may not be higher than 1 foot above your tent/trailer. Food vendor menus and prices must be easily visible and understandable.
* Vendors are allowed two free vehicles only. Additional vehicles will be required to pay a $10 parking fee.
* CONCESSION FOOD TRAILERS require 2 spaces.
* Booth set-up is from 6:30 am to 8:30 am, the day of the festival. Booths may be set-up Friday after
5 PM, but we don’t guarantee security will be provided Friday night.
* If NOT on site by 8:15 AM, Saturday, you will NOT be allowed to set up. Vehicles will NOT be allowed to enter the event site after 8:15 AM.
* Before setting up, you must first check in with Festival Representative in the Vendor Area.
* Before setting up, Vendors must unload their vehicle and immediately move it to the designated Vendor Parking no later than 8:30 AM.
* Vehicles may not re-enter the festival site until 4:00 pm. During the festival, no vehicles are permitted in festival area.
* Vendors must provide their own tent, tables, chairs, display racks, lights, extension cords, tools and any other materials needed. Tents must be weighted and secured to withstand weather conditions.
* Vendors checking “Electricity Needed” on the application may use only ONE receptacle outlet
(15 amp) per booth.
* Vendors may not begin booth dismantle prior to 4:00 PM (except an emergency).
* Vendors must have their booth completely dismantled and dispose of ALL trash in dumpster’s onsite.
Security and Insurance:
* Neither Mule Day, the Washington-Wilkes Chamber of Commerce, the City of Washington, nor Wilkes County takes responsibility for theft, loss, or damage to Vendor, Vendor merchandise or personal property while setting up, participating in, or dismantling. Vendors understand that neither Mule Day, the Washington-Wilkes Chamber Commerce, the City of Washington, nor Wilkes County maintains insurance coverage on the Vendor’s property. Insurance is the Vendor’s responsibility.
MD PR&R: Rev. 10.29.2019