*FOOD RESTRICTIONS: *If you have a health certificate, please include a copy.
WHAT PRODUCTS CAN BE SOLD: Breads, Cakes, Cookies, Jams, Jellies, Honey, Pies, and Fresh Produce (if produce is “Organic” there must be an Organic Certificate Available).
WHAT PRODUCTS CAN NOT BE SOLD: Uncooked Meat Products, Eggs, Dairy Products, and Organic Products WITHOUT an Organic Certification. Low acid/acidified foods such as Canned Vegetables, Pickles, Salsa, etc are not allowed unless the processor is licensed and has completed the Better Process Control School.
* The Washington-Wilkes Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to make the final decision on acceptability of an applicant based on past performance, timeliness of returned application, variety of vendors, consistency with the event’s family atmosphere, and other factors.
* Each exhibitor is required to take care of their own trash, regularly empty their receptacles keep their space clean and supply their own garbage bags. When vacating the premises you must remove all trash from your location.
* Non-profits, organizations, religious groups, individuals, and candidates for State, Federal and Local political offices are welcome to have literature available in THEIR booth space, but MAY NOT hand it out away from the booth.
* Exhibitors unable to attend may not allow another exhibitor to take their space.
* Exhibitors will NOT be allowed to change booth locations. Placement is at the sole discretion of the festival committee.
* Signage in your booth area must be restricted to your rented booth size & may be no higher than 1 foot above your tent/trailer. Food vendor’s menus & prices must be easily visible and understandable.
* Exhibitors are allowed two free vehicles only. Any additional vehicles will be required to pay a $10 parking fee.
* Exhibitors must check in with the Festival representative in the exhibitor area prior to setting up.
* Exhibitors MUST unload their vehicle and immediately remove it to the designated Vendor Parking area before setting up their booth. During the festival no vehicles are permitted in the festival area.
* Participants must provide their own tent, tables, chairs, display racks, lights, extension cords, tools and any other materials needed. Tents must be weighted to withstand weather conditions. CONCESSION FOOD TRAILERS WILL NEED 2 SPACES HOWEVER IF LARGER THAN 14’ x 6’ WILL NEED 3 SPACES!!
* Booth set-up is from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. the day of the festival. IF NOT ON SITE BY 8:30AM YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SET-UP. Booths may be set-up on Friday evening after 5 p.m. We cannot guarantee security will be provided on Friday night. All vendor vehicles must be moved to the designated Vendor Parking area NO LATER THAN 8:30 AM on Saturday and may not re-enter the festival site until 4:00 pm.
* Exhibitors may not begin booth dismantle prior to 4:00 p.m. Exhibitors not complying (except for emergencies) may be prohibited from participating at future events. * Exhibitors must dismantle their booth completely prior to driving their vehicles into the festival area.
Security and Insurance: Neither Mule Day, the Washington-Wilkes Chamber of Commerce, the City of Washington, nor Wilkes County takes responsibility for theft, loss, or damage to exhibitor, exhibitor merchandise or personal property while setting up, participating in, or dismantling. Exhibitors understand that neither Mule Day, the Washington-Wilkes Chamber of Commerce, the City of Washington, nor Wilkes County maintains insurance coverage on the exhibitor’s property. Insurance is the exhibitor’s responsibility.